To be a member of SALN you must be an Idahoan with a developmental disability and be willing to participate in a chapter of SALN. Dues are only $5 and are payable at the end of your first year. Each year after that, dues are due by July 31.
It is the responsibilitiy of a member to:
- Be a Team Player
- Be respectful and supportive of fellow members
- Be actively involved in your local chapter and on any committee you are a part of
- Respond in a timely manner to requests sent out by the Board of Directors and chapter officers
- Be responsible in carrying out duties if you are an officer on the State Board or local chapter officer, and assignments given by another member or adviser
- Be idea and solutions oriented
- Be mindful of deadlines
- Come to meetings with a positive attitude
- Own up to mistakes one has made
Read more about membership in SALN in our By-laws PDF .