Membership in SALN
To be a member of SALN you must be an Idahoan with a developmental disability and be willing to participate in a chapter of SALN. Dues are only $5 and are payable at the end of your first year. Each year after that, dues are due by July 31.
It is the responsibilitiy of a member to:
- Be a Team Player
- Be respectful and supportive of fellow members
- Be actively involved in local chapter and on any committee you are a part of
- Respond in a timely manner to requests sent out by the Board of Directors and chapter officers
- Be responsible in carrying our duties, if you are an officer on the State Board or local chapter officer, and assignments given by another member or adviser
- Be idea and solutions oriented
- Be mindful of deadlines
- Come to meetings with a positive attitude
- Own up to mistakes one has made
Read more about membership in SALN in our By-laws PDF .
When you have agreed that you would like to be a member of SALN,
Find out more about when the chapter meets, who the officers are and what activities they have done by going to the "SALN Chapters" page on this website. Many SALN chapters also have Facebook pages where you can find out more information.